Current matriculated Temple students may register through Self Service Banner via TUportal using your AccessNet username and password or with an academic advisor within your school or college.
Visiting and Non-degree Registration
Temple University welcomes students from other colleges and universities who wish to enroll in our online courses. Students who are not currently enrolled at another institution may also register for some courses as non-matriculated (non-degree) students.
Visiting and non-degree students must register through the Office of Continuing Studies. For more information and to speak with an academic advisor, please contact the Office of Continuing Studies at 215-204-2500.
Visiting Student Requirements
- Students should submit a permission form from their home institution, listing the specific Temple courses that have been approved for transfer.
- An official or unofficial transcript copy is also required.
- If the courses have prerequisites, students must provide proof of having taken and passed them. Some courses may also require special authorization from instructors or departments at Temple.
*Please be aware that your registration request cannot be processed until Temple University has received written permission/approval from your current institutional advisor or dean.
Non-degree Student Requirements
- To enroll in undergraduate courses, students must have earned a high school diploma or a G.E.D. certificate.
- Students who have attended another college or university must provide a transcript of their previous academic work and must have earned at least a 2.0 cumulative grade-point-average.
*Meeting these minimum requirements does not guarantee enrollment as a non-matriculated student.
Credit Transfer to Your Home Institution
In order to facilitate the transfer of summer session credits, students should request that an academic transcript be sent from Temple University to their home school or college.
Request a Temple University transcript »
For further information, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 215-204-1131.